Are you a serious gamer? While not everyone does their gaming from a high-tech, ergonomically designed, specially made gaming chair, it is preferable. Why? When you play from a specially designed gaming chair, you can improve posture with the correct gaming chair adjustments, thereby reducing back pain. As a result, you'll be more productive, feel more energetic, and be able to sit longer. However, it is important that you know how to adjust your gaming chair to get the most benefit from it.
Determining the Right Size
Let's run through the steps involved in adjusting a gaming chair with a little extra detail, then we'll give you a quick list for future reference. First and foremost, make sure the chair size is correct for your body. You shouldn't drown in it, nor should you look like a giant in a tiny baby chair.
Okay, you've got the size all picked out. Basic adjustments include adjusting the backrest, armrests, seat depth and tilt, and chair height.
- Your knees should form a 90° angle with your feet flat on the floor for the right height adjustment.
- The lumbar support in the backrest should be adjusted next. There should be a little pressure in the small of your back which you may have to get used to.
- Without lifting your shoulders, leave your arms relaxed to set the armrest height.
- Desk height adjustment includes your forearms/upper arms being at a right angle with your hands and forearms in line with the surface of the desk.
Seat Depth and Seat Tilt
The length of the front edge of the seat to the back is the seat depth. Your thigh-length determines the correct depth. There should be a gap of about 2 to 4 fingers wide between the seat edge and your calf. Your pelvis should have contact with the backrest, as well as your back. The back of your calves should not press the chair edge because leg blood circulation could be restricted.
A seat tilt adjustment is available on good chairs which allows for a slightly tilted forward seat pan. This prompts a spine-healthy sitting posture because it brings your pelvis slightly forward.
Encouraging an upright posture, there is also a back tilt. The natural curve of your spine should be supported with slight pressure from the backrest.
Screen Positioning and Desk Height
With the upper third of the screen, your eyes should be approximately level to be aligned correctly. This minimizes neck and shoulder strain.
With your forearms horizontally lying on the desktop, a right angle should be formed by your lower and upper arms if the desk height is appropriate.
Gaming Chair Adjustments – Quick View
So, to reiterate, you can improve posture with the correct gaming chair adjustments, thereby reducing back pain. As a result, you'll be more productive, feel more energetic, and be able to sit longer.
- So your feet can be placed flat on the floor, adjust the seat height.
- To fill your lower back curve, configure your lumbar support.
- Rest your spine flush against the backrest, tuck your hips deep into the seat pan.
- Find a sitting position that is comfortable and neutral.
- To support the weight of each arm, configure the armrests.
- Every five minutes or so, change your sitting position slightly.
- To move your body around, take a standing break about every 20 minutes.
Where to Find the Best Gaming Chairs at the Best PricesEsports Furniture has a phenomenal selection of gaming chairs, gaming desks, and more. They range from entirely affordable, but still awesome, to some top-of-the-line, totally teched-out models. When purchasing a gaming chair, get the best you can afford rather than cutting expenses where they matter most.